Greetings Alpine Families,
Effective June 15, pursuant to Executive Order 149 all child care programs may open if in compliance with guidelines detailed by the NJ Dept of Children and Family Services. We are looking to open our summer camp program for 7 weeks beginning July 6th. The camp will have full day hours (9:00am-3:00pm) for all weeks with before care (8am to 9am) and after care (3pm to 5pm) available.
Some of the modifications and practices that we will have in place to properly adhere to state guidelines are as follows:
- All staff and campers will be screened daily for fever and other COVID-19 symptoms prior to entry to the facility. Anyone with fever in excess of 100.4 or exhibiting other symptoms will not be allowed to enter the facility.
- We will be minimizing group sizes (approximately 6:1 student to teacher ratio). Interaction between groups will be limited.
- Each child will have their own supplies that they will use during the week which will be kept in their own container and not shared with other students.
- Children’s personal belongings as well as their napping supplies will be kept separate in individual cubbies or containers.
- Close person to person contact shall be strictly limited and discouraged.
- Staff will be required to wear cloth masks while working. The wearing of masks by children is at the discretion of parents. Face coverings are not allowed during nap time due to danger of suffocation.
- We will continue to teach and reinforce healthy hygiene practices with hand washing and sanitizer frequently throughout the day
- We will implement enhanced cleaning and sanitation practices throughout the building and playground on a daily basis.
- Children will spaced out during nap time and will sleep head to toe.
- The camp will offer both indoor and outdoor activities, with outdoor activities emphasized when weather permits.
You can down load the camp themes for each week, as well as, the registration form. We’re excited to have the opportunity to get back to the school and interact with the children. We also feel the camp will allow much needed social interaction, mental stimulation and physical activity for the children, not to mention a lot of fun.
All the best,
Alpine Montessori Management